Saturday, July 20, 2019

Chocolate Coffee Mousse





As I write this, I've not much time to write. I am at "full tilt" in the kitchen. Thusfar:
  • I have made tagliatelle pasta
  • A bolognese is simmering on the stove.
  • The appetizer will be crostini with brie and mango chutney
  • Chopped kale with golden raisins, truffled Marcona almonds, crumbled Gorgonzola, and a lemon vinaigrette make the salad.
  • Chocolate coffee mousse with a hint of Chambord is chilling.
I am having an absolute blast! (Those who really know me will understand this).

Yes, the diet starts tomorrow. I'm sorry that you can't join us (well no, not really), but here is the recipe for the mousse. I hope that helps a bit:


Chocolate Coffee Mousse


Ingredients
  • 12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 pound silken tofu, drained
  • 1/4 cup strong black coffee
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar
  • 1 teaspoon Chambord

Instructions

  1. Place the chocolate and coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir occasionally and remove from heat when melted and smooth.
  2. Place the tofu, chocolate mixture, and remaining ingredients in a blender. Process until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
  3. Divide among 6 dessert dishes. Chill for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight. 
  4. Suggested garnishes (optional) -- fresh raspberries or strawberries, grated dark or white chocolate, mint leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment

French Onion Chicken and Pasta

  The Weather Outside Is Frightful I live in the United States—you'll find me in the upper left-hand corner of the map, the Pacific Nort...