Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Cake


Today is my birthday. I won't say how many years, but suffice it to say I was alive during the Eisenhower administration.

OK, so today is also National Carrot Cake Day. ......That would not have been my first choice for a birthday cake, but I do have a recipe for carrot cake that I would like to share with you.






Carb Diva Carrot Cake
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple, drained


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch cake pan.

Sift together the first 6 ingredients(flour through nutmeg) and set aside. Place the sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix together with a spoon. Add the dry mixture, and then stir in the carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.

Pour into prepared pan. Bake for about 45 minutes. Cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment