Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anniversary

September. The days are still summer-warm, but the nights are cool and the mornings dew-kissed. Late-summer berries are plump and ripe on the vine. Autumn apples are ready to be picked, and the vine maples in our forest are starting to turn golden-orange. The season of Fall is just around the corner.

I always experience a bittersweet mix of feelings at the start of this season. I'm relieved to be able to settle back into the routine of school and work. But I'm sad to leave the spontaneity of summer and the vitality of flowers in my garden.

And I also recognize that I've been doing this blog for one year. Twelve months, 173 posts. We've explored low-fat, high-fat, no meat, LOTS of meat, 30-minutes or less, or takes-all-day-long.

In the last few weeks I've posted only twice. I'm sorry that work has called me away from writing to and for you. I enjoy this blog--it's my escape from finance, grant writing, losing baseball teams, and house cleaning. Work is starting to settle back down into a somewhat manageable amount, the grant-writing is simmering on the back burner, the team is pretty much toast for this year, and the house can wait.

So where will be go in Year No. 2? I welcome your suggestions, comments, and even your complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment