Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vive le difference

OK, today this post is not about recipes, or cooking, or even about food.

I've been asked why my blog is not like others. Almost every cooking blog features beautiful photographs of recipes in progress--step-by-step reveals of what should be happening in your kitchen as you dutifully replicate their creation.

#2 - I'm not a photographer. In fact, I don't own a camera. I don't even have the option of taking a photograph with my cell phone (if I can find it).

#1 - I believe that my followers (and occasional visitors) are intelligent enough that they don't need to see what it looks like if one breaks an egg into a bowl, sifts flour, or slices a mushroom. I know that you get it, and if I take care with my wording I can lead you step-by-step through the processes without photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment