I've found that no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to squeeze more than 24 hours into a day. When the to-do list spins out of control, sometimes one place to save a few minutes is in dinner preparation. My family always enjoys pizza, and I'm blessed that they are adventurous enough to try flavor pairings out of the ordinary. I'm going to try this one tonight and see what happens:
Sweet Bacon and Pear Pizza
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 pear, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 12-inch Italian bread shell (Boboli)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
Directions1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line bottom of rimmed baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange bacon slices on pan; set aside. In small bowl stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Generously sprinkle brown sugar mixture on bacon slices. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned; remove and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
2. In small bowl toss together pear slices and lemon juice; set aside. In medium bowl stir together cream cheese, onions, and black pepper to taste. Place pizza crust on clean baking sheet. Spread cream cheese mixture on crust. Chop bacon and evenly sprinkle on cheese mixture. Arrange pear slices on bacon. Top with pecans and feta cheese.
3. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with basil.