Thursday, February 3, 2011

Caffeine + Caffeine = Perfection


Photo: www.Hersheys.com
 What is your dream for a perfect birthday celebration? Does it involve dining in a 5-Star restaurant? Or maybe something more family-friendly, such as going to a buffet or pizza parlor. Today is my birthday, and my perfect celebration is cooking at home, in my kitchen. For the main course I'm doing the Wild Mushroom Tart (see my post October 1, 2010). For for dessert, I'm in the mood for something wonderfully rich, but not too time consuming.


Here is a recipe I found at www.Hersheys.com that fits the bill--perfectly!

Cappuccino Mousse
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
3 tablespoons butter
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
2 tsp. hot water
2 cups heavy cream, chilled

Combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, butter, and coffee (dissolved in hot water) in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool.

Beat whipping cream in large bowl until stiff. Gradually fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes or parfait glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Garnish as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment