Wednesday, January 26, 2011

White Bean Rosemary Soup (So easy I can do this with my eyes closed)



OK, this has been a  r-e-a-l-l-y busy day. I need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. I'm tired, I'm hungry, and even pancakes feels like too much work right now. And, I need to give you a soup recipe, don't I? So what am I going to do? ...You'll have to trust me on this one. It's good!!:

White Bean Rosemary Soup

Ingredients
2 16-ounce cans white beans, drained
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup of your favorite marinara (red) pasta sauce
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Instructions
Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to a simmer. Simmer, partially covered and stirring frequently, to blend flavors, 4 to 5 minutes.

Serves 4

Photo Credit: Image by piyalis14 from Pixabay 

No comments:

Post a Comment

French Onion Chicken and Pasta

  The Weather Outside Is Frightful I live in the United States—you'll find me in the upper left-hand corner of the map, the Pacific Nort...