Friday, January 28, 2011

Gimme 5!!

TGIF!

Well, since I work out of my home I can't really relate any more, but not that many years ago I was in a 9 to 5 middle-management pressure-cooker environment. And 5 p.m. Friday was pretty sweet.

Yes, I'm still preparing soup for you (....I forget when are you coming over?), but it's not going to be anything fancy tonight. In fact, it's pretty simple. Five-ingredient simple:

Easy Black Bean Soup
1 small onion, minced
2 tsp. olive oil
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can refried beans
1 cup broth (vegetable or chicken)

In a medium saucepan saute onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until heated.

NOTE: If you really want to throw caution to the wind, you could up the ingredients a few more by adding any or all of the following:

Stir in :
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 tsp. dried cilantro
Add as a topping:
  • grated cheese
  • sour cream
  • avocado
  • salsa
  • crushed tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment